Belair classes set to resume.
Classes will resume on A DATE YET TO BE DETERMINED but we have had to make changes to comply with restrictions.
The BELAIR Primary School is UNABLE TO BE USED due to the pandemic so we are having to relocate.
The main changes are:
- Temporary change of training grounds to (location yet to be finalised)
- The training day and times may need to change due to lighting requirements and new ground availability.
- If you are sick or in isolation – DO NOT ATTEND
- 1.5 metres social distancing required at all times
- BOOKINGS are preferable prior to that day for new beginners to commence training. (Maximum of 10 allowed for the class)
- Class numbers cannot exceed 10 people plus the instructor (multiple grade classes is dependent upon the number of instructors available)
- An attendance record sheet will be completed per class
- All dogs must remain on lead unless the instructor gives you a direction as part of the training exercise
- No touching of any other persons dog
- Please ensure your slip collar is on correctly as the instructor cannot assist you to change it.
ATTENDANCE TO TRAINING GROUNDS
- New beginners are to report to the registration area.
- Existing members are to report in and then immediately move to their class area.
COMPLETION OF TRAINING
- All members are to immediately leave the training ground at the completion of the class.
BOOKINGS are preferable prior to that day for new beginners to commence training.
Membership registration forms can be collected from the registration area.
- Social distancing required whilst completing the form
- Where possible, use your own pen.
- Completed registration form and dogs vaccination certificate ready when returning the registration table to membership processing.
- Once your membership is processed, move to the beginner class location (refer to the below map)
Class times remain the same
- First session is for Beginners, Grade 1 and 2 classes and commences at (a time yet to be determined).
- Second session is for Grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 classes and commences at (a time yet to be determined).
Class sizes have been reduced – only 1 instructor and 10 people with their dog are allowed in the class to train. If the person training the dog requires a carer (for example: a child), only one carer will be allowed in the immediate area.
Where possible, multiple grade classes will be run on different parts of the oval. The number of classes being run is dependent upon the number of instructors available on that day. Once maximum numbers per class have been reached, no more handlers will be accepted for that class.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
If you are sick or in isolation – DO NOT ATTEND.
1.5 metre social distancing is required at all times.
On arrival, you will report in and immediately move to the instructor at the area assigned for your class to await commencement (Refer to below map).
In class, handlers will be required to stay in a straight line and to space themselves 2 metres apart. This allows extra distance due to possible encroachment when heeling or turning.
Attendance sheets will be maintained for each class (Name and Phone number required). This allows for contact if a case of coronavirus is later identified in any of our members.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use.
Please do not allow other people (including instructors) to pat or handle your dog due to contamination issues. The exemption to this is if there is a dog fight or a dog is on the loose. Hygiene requirements are to immediately be enacted once the situation is resolved.
Stand for Examinations will only be conducted by handler examining their own dog under instructor guidance.
Off lead work is at instructor’s discretion.
Weaving exercises will be conducted but with social distancing.
Socialisation exercises of dogs sniffing each other will be conducted with handlings being at least 1.5 metres apart. Only 2 or 3 dogs interacting at a time with handlers watching at all times.
No exercises where dogs pass side by side unless handlers maintain a two metre distance.
rimary School to ascertain when we can access their grounds.