Ridgehaven classes set to resume.
As of Sunday 14 June 2020, classes will resume but we have had to make changes to comply with COVID Safe restrictions.
The main changes are:
- If you are sick or in isolation – DO NOT ATTEND
- 1.5 metres social distancing required at all times
- BOOKINGS are preferable prior to that day for new beginners to commence training. (Maximum of 10 allowed for the class)
- Class numbers can not exceed 10 people plus the instructor (multiple grade classes is dependant upon the number of instructors available)
- Grade 3 will now start at 11am
- Payment will be taken on the oval near the building, then you will immediately move to the nominated class location
- An attendance record sheet will be completed per class
- Only new beginners to walk through the area between tennis courts and the building
- All dogs must remain on lead unless the instructor gives you a direction as part of the training exercise
- No touching of any other persons dog
- Please ensure your slip collar is on correctly as the instructor can not assist you to change it.
It is important that you read the entire page.
ATTENDANCE TO TRAINING GROUNDS
- New beginners are to report to the registration table between the building and the tennis courts.
- Existing members to report to oval near the toilets WITHOUT walking between the building and the tennis courts.
COMPLETION OF TRAINING
All members are to immediately leave the training ground at the completion of the class.
BOOKINGS are preferable prior to that day for new beginners to commence training. Priority will be given to those that have booked in. (Maximum of 10 allowed for the class)
Membership registration forms can be collected from the registration table.
- Social distancing required whilst completing the form
- Where possible, use your own pen.
- Have $49 (cash) registration payment, the completed registration form and dogs vaccination certificate ready when returning the registration table to membership processing.
- Once your membership is processed, move to the beginner class location (refer to the below map)
Change of class times for Grade 3
- First session is now for Beginners, Grade 1 and 2 classes and commences at 10 am.
- Second session is now for Grade 3, 4, 5 and 6 classes and commences at 11 am.
Class sizes have been reduced – only 1 instructor and 10 people with their dog are allowed in the class to train. If the person training the dog requires a carer (for example: a child), only one carer will be allowed in the immediate area.
Where possible, multiple grade classes will be run on different parts of the oval. The number of classes being run is dependent upon the number of instructors available on that day. Once maximum numbers per class have been reached, no more handlers will be accepted for that class.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
If you are sick or in isolation – DO NOT ATTEND.
1.5 metre social distancing is required at all times.
On arrival, you will pay your money then immediately report to the instructor at the area assigned for your class to await commencement (Refer to below map).
In class, handlers will be required to stay in a straight line and to space themselves 2 metres apart. This allows extra distance due to possible encroachment when heeling or turning.
Attendance sheets will be maintained for each class (Name and Phone number required). This allows for contact if a case of coronavirus is later identified in any of our members.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use.
Please do not allow other people (including instructors) to pat or handle your dog due to contamination issues. The exemption to this is if there is a dog fight or a dog is on the loose. Hygiene requirements are to immediately be enacted once the situation is resolved.
Stand for Examinations will only be conducted by handler examining their own dog under instructor guidance.
Off lead work is at instructor’s discretion.
Weaving exercises will be conducted but with social distancing.
Socialisation exercises of dogs sniffing each other will be conducted with handlings being at least 1.5 metres apart. Only 2 or 3 dogs interacting at a time with handlers watching at all times.
No exercises where dogs pass side by side unless handlers maintain a two metre distance.